Community Dom Care Support Worker hours negotiable
• To support individuals to meet their basic human needs and to maintain and enhance their quality of life. • To participate in the planning, implementation and delivery of life and support plans appropriate to the individuals needs, contributing to the individuals quality of life • To be an effective member of a staff team working with adults that may have learning disabilities, mental health needs, complex health needs, ill health
- JOB DETAILS
Domiciliary Community Support Worker
Home Manager/Location Manager/Domiciliary Manager
- JOB PURPOSE
- To support individuals to meet their basic human needs and to maintain and enhance their quality of life.
- To participate in the planning, implementation and delivery of life and support plans appropriate to the individuals needs, contributing to the individuals quality of life
- To be an effective member of a staff team working with adults that may have learning disabilities, mental health needs, complex health needs, ill health
- To co-ordinate the care delivery for community based customers, covering sickness and annual leave and cover an on-call system for these customers to ensure they have the service they are purchasing.
Residential Care Home; Domiciliary Support;
Staffing: 1 Manager 1 Domiciliary Manager
1 Deputy Home Manager Team Leader/Locality Manager
Qualified Nurses Support Workers
Senior Support Workers Personal Assistants
Board of Directors
Home Manager/Admin/HO Support Staff
Deputy Home Manager
Qualified Nurses/Senior Support Workers
Support Workers/ Leisure Companion/Personal Assistants
5. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Commitment to a human needs based approach to service user support
- Experience in working with people with learning disabilities. (Desirable, not essential.)
- Good communication skills.
- Self-motivation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake all appropriate training.
- Must be a driver with own transport with the ability to travel independently to a variety of locations.
- Mature attitude with good sense of humour.
- To carry out duties as directed by the shift leader and in accordance with local systems and procedures in either a registered care home or in a domiciliary capacity.
- Undertake shift leading duties as required.
- To take part in community based on call systems to cover sickness and annual leave and co-ordinate care delivery in an outcome focused and cost effective way for these community based customers.
- Supporting individual to take any prescribed medicine, complying with all Encompass Medication Policy and all agreed guidelines, including storage, administering and record keeping.
- Support individual in the implementation of their support plans, ensuring defined outcomes are met and contribute to the development and review of service user support plans with an outcome focussed approach.
- To ensure all actions are compliant with individual support plans and risk assessments Encompass Policies & Procedures and are at all times meeting the Regulatory Frameworks that may be in place.
- To be aware of your own actions and actively promote a positive emotional environment within the home/workplace.
- To ensure that all relevant observations are documented and reported appropriately
- To ensure that individual are able to maintain and improve existing life skills and to access a wide range of opportunities in order to enhance a positive sense of purpose.
- To enable individuals to make informed choices where ever possible in all aspects of their lives promoting positive communication.
- To assist individuals to maintain optimum health and well-being, including assisting with all aspects of personal care, mobility and behaviours that may challenge, as required.
- To participate in the planning and provision of a healthy, attractive, nutritious diet taking full account of the individual personal preferences
- To participate in effective approaches to risk assessment and risk management that are consistent with the well-being of individual
- To meet all Encompass mandatory training requirements and actively improve skills and knowledge to meet individual needs
- To participate in regular supervision with a nominated supervisor.
- To communicate effectively and sensitively with individual, relatives, colleagues and all those who are legitimately concerned with the well being of the service user.
- To treat all colleagues with equal respect regardless of ethnic origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
- To contribute positively to the growth and development of an effective and cooperative working team
- To be aware of and to comply with all Encompass policies and procedures and any other legitimate requirements
- To ensure that no act or omission on your part results in an abuse of individual, and to immediately report any situation which jeopardises the well being of any service user in line with Encompass policy (Protecting Individual From Harm).
- To ensure at all times you act in the Best Interests of the service user and work within the statutory requirements of the mental capacity Act.
- To ensure your practice at all times meets the requirements and regulations of all statutory bodies including local authorities, NHS and CQC.
- To comply and sign up for the Social Care Commitment and undertake the Skills for Care Induction requirements.
7. COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The post holder works as part of a team of support staff either within the home or in the community and will be required to communicate with other members of the team on issues relating to the individual personal care and support, and participate in staff meetings and handovers. In addition you will be required to liaise with all Encompass representatives, families, carers, advocates and other appropriate agencies, co-ordinate support delivery in the community and cover sickness and annual leave by taking part in an on call system that can ensure that support is provided and out comes are met at all times.
8. JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
Job Holder’s Signature:
Home Manager’s Signature:
plus 50% for Bank Holidays & 25p per mile