Dom Care Support Worker 36.275 hours per week
◦To support service users to meet their basic human needs and to maintain and enhance their quality of life. ◦To promote independence and personal dignity whilst providing the highest quality Service of Care to those requiring to use our Service. ◦To be an effective member of a staff team working with adults with moderate to severe learning disabilities and additional complex health needs.
JOB DESCRIPTION – HOME CARE SUPPORT WORKER
Job Title: Home Care Support Worker
Accountable to: Domiciliary Care Manger
Unit: Encompass - Domiciliary Care
Location: 193 St Andrews Road, Bridport
- JOB PURPOSE
- To support service users to meet their basic human needs and to maintain and enhance their quality of life.
- To promote independence and personal dignity whilst providing the highest quality Service of Care to those requiring to use our Service.
- To be an effective member of a staff team working with adults with moderate to severe learning disabilities and additional complex health needs.
Staffing: 1 Domiciliary Care Manager
1 Deputy Care Manager for Flats
Board of Directors
Lead Roles - Admin/Support staff - Home Manager
Senior Support Workers
Support Workers –Domestic – Chefs – Personal Assistants
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Commitment to a human needs based approach.
- Experience in working with people with learning disabilities. (Desirable, not essential).
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Self-motivation & Time-Management & Prioritising skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Willingness to undertake all appropriate training including Skills for Care, Induction & mandatory training.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Mature attitude with a good sense of humour.
- Full Driving Licence (current) and access to a vehicle ( which is suitable for transporting clients, where appropriate).
5. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Personal Care:
* Dressing and undressing/preparing the service user for Day Care or trips
* Washing/bathing/showering/shaving/grooming/cleaning teeth
* Nail care (fingers only)
* Assisting with toileting and all aspects of personal hygiene
* Continence management
* Care of pressure sores
* Assisting with getting in and out of bed
* Assisting with the use of Aids to Daily Living/rehabilitation aids, as
* Day/evening/night sitting services, as required.
- Healthcare – assisting the service user to take prescribed medication
- Dietary Care
* Preparation of snacks, meals and drinks according to the service users
likes/dislikes and/or support plan dietary specification.
* Assisting with feeding, as required
- Domestic/Household Services:
* General cleaning duties, to include cleaning/dusting/vacuuming/polishing
* Bed making
* Clearing refuse and rubbish
* Laundering clothes (including hand-washing)/ironing/light needle-working,
* Shopping and the preparation of lists and assistance with budgeting
* Light gardening tasks (subject to agreement at the Support Plan stage).
- Personal Services:
* Assistance with personal finance, to include paying bills, collecting
pensions, as required.
* Personal Planning (birthdays/anniversaries etc)
* Democratic rights (voting cards etc.)
In addition a Home Care Support Worker is expected to:
- To carry out duties as directed by the shift leader and in accordance with local systems and procedures.
- Undertake shift leading duties as required.
- Supporting service users to take any prescribed medicine, complying with all Encompass Medication Policy and all agreed guidelines, including storage, administering and record keeping.
- ensure work is completed to a high standard providing a package of care as detailed in the service user’s support plan;
- ensure the service user is treated with dignity and respect at all times;
- maintain the confidentiality of the service user at all times;
- ensure that all relevant observations are accurately documented and any changes in the service user condition is notified to the Domiciliary Care Manager immediately;
- enable service users to make informed choices wherever possible in all aspects of their lives promoting positive communication;
- actively encourage service users, according to their capabilities, to participate in all aspects of daily living activities;
- develop and maintain personal contact with the service user through talking and listening;
- be aware of your own actions and actively promote a positive emotional environment when supporting service users;
- communicate effectively and sensitively with service users, relatives, colleagues and all those who are legitimately concerned with the well being of the service user;
- account for all money spent in shopping by producing receipts and to record all money transactions in line with Encompass policy;
- use equipment provided according to personal handling profile/assessment/training, policy and manufacturers instructions;
- make Domiciliary Care Manager immediately aware of any problems relating to use of equipment;
- participate in all training courses, mandatory and otherwise, including Skills for Care and Induction ;
- present for work at the time scheduled;
- accurately record the time spent and the work undertaken on timesheets, work schedules and on service user record books (as instructed by Manager);
- adhere to all Policies and Procedures as laid down by Encompass in respect of carrying out these Care Duties and in other administrative aspects of the business as is relevant;
- treat all service users and colleagues with equal dignity and respect regardless of ethnic origin, religion, gender or sexual orientation;
- ensure that no act or omission on your part results in an abuse of service users, and to immediately report any situation which jeopardises the well being of any service user in line with Encompass policy (Adults at Risk) and current Safeguarding requirements;
- comply with the Code of Practice for Social Care Workers;
- Carry out any other reasonable task which is not listed and requested by the Manager.
6. COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
The post holder works as part of a team and will be required to communicate with other members of the team and other healthcare professionals on issues relating to the service users care, and participate in staff meetings and training, as required. In addition you will be required to liaise with all Encompass representatives, families, carers, advocates and other appropriate agencies.
7. JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
Job Holder’s Signature:
Domiciliary Care Manager’s Signature:
plus 50% for Bank Holidays