You will be required to observe the users of the swimming pool and associated facilities to ensure safe behaviour and assist with any problems that may arise. If swimmers do get into difficulties, you will be expected to take appropriate rescue techniques and administer first aid and CPR, if required. You will also have responsibility for the safe and hygienic operation of the pool itself.
- Enforce all poolside rules.
- Supervise swimmers
- Spot hazards and prevent accidents
- Give advice on water safety
- Control unruly behaviour
- Water rescue
- First Aid & CPR
- Handling of cleaning chemicals in accordance with the required safety standards and COSHH regulations.
- Maintain general hygiene
- NPLQ Lifeguard Certificate advantageous
- Ensure that all aspects of the swimming pools are constantly under surveillance during the opening hours.
Hourly rate of pay will be discussed at interview