Board Member Magna Housing Group
Board Member Magna Housing Group • Do you think people should be able to live in neighbourhoods where they feel safe, secure and fulfilled? • Do you want to make a difference to your community? • A board member role could be for you.
Magna is a medium-sized independent group of charitable housing and related companies, working with local communities to help people meet their housing needs and aspirations. The Magna group has 9,180 homes in management. We employ 424 people and our turnover last year was in excess of £46.5 Million.
We need volunteers with strategic leadership, business and analytical skills who are able to communicate and interact well at Board level.
· Involved in settings Magna’s strategic objectives within the framework of the Group’s Strategy.
· Ensure prudent and effective controls are in place to properly assess, manage and control risks to the business.
· Ensure that standards set by the Boards to meet the Group’s obligations to customers, employees and other stakeholders, are properly assessed.
You will have
· Non-executive experience with sound business acumen and an awareness of social and environmental issues in South West England.
· A positive and constructive approach to the role of Board or Committee Member.
· An understanding of the importance of probity, independence and integrity in public service.
We would like to encourage applications from women and ethnic minority groups who are currently under represented on our boards.
This is a non-remuneration position, but travel and other related expenses will be paid, including child care.
For an application form please visit www.magna.org.uk or contact Sarah Newman, Corporate Services Director, 01305 216055.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Noon on 09 February 2015
Planned interview date: TBC