: Waiting for next track...

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Asbestos Fear After Barn Fire Near Swanage


2:28pm 1st October 2013

A fear of asbestos in the air near Swanage has sparked a warning to residents to close their doors and windows after a barn fire.

Plumes of smoke from the blaze close to Langton Matravers, is drifting from the village to neighbouring areas.

Dorset Police is asking people living nearby to protect their properties from the potentially lethal substance and stay indoors.

The barn was filled with 150 tonnes of straw when it caught fire this morning around 9:30am (Tuesday 1st October).

The cause of the fire isn't known.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference


We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.