Maroon 5 / Kendrick Lamar: Don't Wanna KnowiTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Fire Started By Mirror

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine 2

2:42pm 19th November 2013

A fire was started at a home in Upwey this morning by the reflection of sunlight on a mirror.

Three crews were sent to the property in Old Station Road after calls from the occupants and their neighbours.

Everyone managed to get safely out of the building.

The Red Cross vehicle was also called to offer help and advice.

The fire was started by a mirror placed near a window.  

Sunlight was then reflected onto items placed on top of a chest of drawers, which caught alight.

Dorset Fire and Rescue say this type of fire is rare but can happen, and is warning home owners to be careful where they place mirrors.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference

Close

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.