Help Design An Anti Litter Poster For Dorchester
8:25am 29th January 2014
Time's running out for Dorchester youngsters to enter the town's anti-litter competition.
Dorchester 'Stop the Drop' and CLS (Communities Living Sustainably) launched the initiative across Dorchester and in all DASP (Dorchester Area Schools Partnership) schools.
Youngsters are being asked to do a poster based on the theme 'Don't be a litter monster'.
Entries close on Friday 31st January, 2014.
The three winning pupils will work with a designer to create a set of professional quality posters.
The competition is open to anyone aged 5 – 18 living in or around Dorchester. If your design wins, you’ll work with a graphic designer to turn your design into a professional poster for display in shops and business around town.
All shortlisted entries will be publicly displayed in Dorchester during Climate Week, 3 – 10 March 2014.
What you need to do:
- Design an eye-catching poster to remind the public to care for our environment and keep Dorchester litter-free.
- You can use any media you like – draw, paint, print or use computer graphics, so long as it’s bold and sends out your message.
- Your entry must be A4 portrait size and include the words ‘Dorset Litter Monster’. Everything else is up to you!
…Make your design bold and colourful
…Think about making it relevant to Dorchester
If your design is selected, you will win:
- The chance to work with a graphic designer to make your design into a professional poster.
- Your poster design on a mug.
- £50 for your school Eco-Team to spend.
How to enter:
There are 3 ways you can enter:
- If your design is on paper, post it to:
Alison Jay, Eco-Schools Support Officer, Sustainability Team, Environmental Services Directorate, Dorset County Council, County Hall, DT1 1XJ.
- If your design is digital, email a pdf or jpeg to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t forget to tell us your name, age and school when you send us your entry!