"Small Chemical Leak" at Portland Hotel
11:08am 21st March 2014
(Updated 11:22am 21st March 2014)
A fridge is being blamed for stinking out a top hotel on Portland, after fears of a gas leak.
Dorset Fire and Rescue were alerted to the Heights Hotel at 8:45am this morning (21st March) after staff there reported a strong smell which they thought could be a serious gas leak.
Firefighters on the scene identified a problem coming from the kitchens fridge and set up a small cordon to keep guests away.
Dorset Fire and Rescue have described the call-out as "a small chemical incident" and no one has been injured.
Crews are currently removing the fridge and hotel staffs are ventilating the area by opening windows to get rid of the bad smell.