: Waiting for next track...

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Unattended Cooking Sparks Blaze In Dorchester

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine 3

12:37pm 15th May 2014

Firefighters had to break into a house in Dorchester this morning to tackle a  blaze after neighbours reported smoke billowing from a property in Kings Road.

Dorset Fire and Rescue say unattended cooking in an oven in a ground floor kitchen was the cause.

Two crews from Dorchester attended, some officers wearing breathing apparatus.

The entire property suffered smoke damage.

We're being reminded by Dorset Fire and Rescue not to leave a property with food still cooking.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference


We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.