Quick Thinking Neighbour Prevents Major Fire
8:59am 5th June 2014
What could have been a serious fire has been averted by a quick thinking neighbour in Wyke Regis in Weymouth.
They called 999 after hearing a smoke alarm and seeing smoke coming from the next door property at 1.27pm yesterday afternoon.
The fire was caused by unattended cooking and crews removed the oven to put it out.
There was light smoke damage to the kitchen.
Dorset Fire and Rescue say it shows the importance of having a working smoke alarm.