Flood Alert for West Bay
4:11pm 11th August 2014
People around West Bay Harbour are being warned to be prepared for flooding this evening and tomorrow.
The warning will be in force from 8:15pm this evening until 9pm tomorrow, where low lying land and roads are said to be most at risk.
The Environment Agency have the following advice for anyone in the area:
- Be prepared to protect yourself, family, pets and property.
- Be careful along beaches, promenades, coastal footpaths and roads.
- Call Floodline on 0845 988 1188 for up-to-date flooding information.
- Keep an eye on local water levels and weather conditions. Visit www.environment-agency.gov.uk for river level and flooding information.
- Avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water.