Residents Urged to Keep Watch Over Bonfires
9:16am 22nd August 2014
(Updated 9:17am 22nd August 2014)
Keep your bonfires under control - that's the message from Dorset Fire and Rescue.
It's after they were called out to a number of incidents involving bonfires which were unattended or had become out of control.
The service has provided some top tips for when you're planning to start a bonfire:
- Report the controlled burn to fire control by ringing 01305 753166.
- Inform your neighbours to check your bonfire won't be a nuisance (e.g. wind blowing smoke through open windows, washing out to dry has been brought indoors, etc.)
- Make sure your bonfire does not pose a risk to your neighbour's or your own property or pose a risk to the environment.
- Make sure your bonfire is always supervised.
- If you have any queries about what you can and cannot burn contact your local council's environmental health department.