Erasure: A Little RespectiTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Portland Fire Started By A Candle

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine 2

6:42am 25th September 2014

A man has been treated for smoke inhalation after a fire on Portland which was started by a candle.

Fire crews were called to the property in Fortuneswell around 11.30am yesterday morning.

The fire was out on arrival and crews took a man out of the property who was treated by paramedics at the scene.

It’s thought the fire was started by a candle falling over on a wooden chair.

Dorset Fire & Rescue Service say this is a strong reminder to take extra care when using candles.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference


We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.