Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Car Fire Blamed On Electrical Short Circuit

Dorset Fire And Rescue Badge

10:28am 18th January 2015
(Updated 10:40am 18th January 2015)

A car fire in Swanage has been blamed by an electrical short circuit in its engine.

Just before 1645 hrs yesterday (Saturday 17th January) Dorset Fire and Rescue service received a call to a vehicle on fire in Foxhill Close in Swanage. One fire engine from Swanage fire station crewed by retained firefighters was mobilised to this incident.

On arrival the crew found that 1 private saloon vehicle was well alight. It was extinguished using 2 hose reel jets. The incident was over by 5pm.

Around 9.45 pm the crew also attended a chimney on fire at Manor Road, Studland. It was put out with the use of a specialist kit.

DFRS are reminding people to have their chimney's swept at least once a year, sometimes more often.







Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference

Close

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.