School and Contractor Hit with Fine for Asbestos Negligence.
8:19am 17th July 2012
An Independent school and a building contractor in Sherborne will pay nearly ninety thousand pounds after builders were exposed to asbestos.
It happened while refurbishment was being carried out at Sherborne School in July 2009.
Several people- including a teenage work experience student- were exposed to asbestos when insulation boards were removed in an unsafe way.
It's despite both the school and the director of the company- Peter Eldridge of Long Street- knowing what the risks were.
The Health and Safety Executive prosecuted the school and Mr Eldridge.