Bruno Mars: 24K MagiciTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Purbeck Residents Warned to Check their Heating Appliances

gas leak

9:58am 15th October 2012

Beware the silent killer Carbon Monoxide in homes across South Dorset.

That's the message from Purbeck council to its residents as we enter the colder 6 months of the year, when three quarters of the Carbon Monoxide related injuries and deaths take place.

It can escape from faulty gas and solid fuel appliances, but can't be seen, smelled or tasted, with fatal consequences in 40 to 50 cases each year in England.

The Gas Safety Trust say half of householders don't get their appliances checked regularly and one in ten have never had them checked.

Purbeck council's urging its residents to contact only Gas Safe registered or suitably qualified registered engineers to check solid fuel burning appliances.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference

Close

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.