Bruno Mars: 24K MagiciTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Neighbour Saves Woman From Fire


8:59am 20th November 2012

A quick thinking neighbour has helped save the life of a woman in Weymouth who was asleep while her kitchen was on fire.

The woman called Dorset Fire and Rescue just before 3am this morning - when she saw smoke coming from a flat in Wyke Road.

Fire crews led the woman inside to safety.

The blaze was caused cooking left unattended.

The two smoke alarms in the flat didn't have batteries.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox

Share This Story

Delicious Submit this page to reddit

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference

business directory button


We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.