ON AIR CARL ASHWIN

: Waiting for next track...

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Tumble Dryer Responsible for Weymouth Flat Fire

FIre

7:22am 14th January 2013

15 people have had to be led to safety after a tumble dryer in a block of flats in Weymouth.

Dorset Fire and Rescue were alerted to the blaze - at Brenda Dench House on St Mary Street - at around 6pm last night (13th January).

1 person was treated at the scene by Paramedics; no one suffered any serious injuries.

The Mobility shop below the flats was escaped damage.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue Service said that crews provided fire survival guidance to residents of the flats;  “This included closing all internal doors, opening a nearby window to gain access to fresh air, putting blankets and clothes at the foot of the closed door to stop the smoke entering the room and waving bright colourful items out of the window so fire crews could easily establish their location."

FIre

 

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference

Close

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.