Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Unattended Cooking Causes Fire In Weymouth

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine 2

12:12pm 19th January 2013
(Updated 12:58pm 19th January 2013)

Two fire engines were called to a flat in Weymouth earlier this morning to tackle a fire caused by a meal left unattended in the oven.

At about 10:15 Dorset Fire Service were called to the fire on Derby Street.

Fire-fighters managed to put out the fire quickly.

A spokesman for Dorset Fire and Rescue say that unattended cooking is "an all too frequent occurrence" and that unattended cooking can lead to "serious consequences".

The fire service will be offering local residents free safety advice at a later date.




Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference

Close

We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.