Pet Cats Poisoned By Anti-Freeze In Weymouth
5:08pm 18th March 2013
A Weymouth vet is warning pet owners to look out for their animals after some cases of anti-freeze poisoning.
There were 3 suspected incidents of contamination last week (10th-16th March) and 2 cats died in the Culliford Way area of Littlemoor.
Castle Vets Veterinary Surgeon Ellie Marriot says anti-freeze is attractive to cats because it's sweet to taste.
She's says initially cats might just be a bit off colour and not themselves; "They may also vomit too and show behaviour likened to being drunk, wobbling and falling over, anyone who sees these signs should contact a vet straightaway."
"I'd urge everyone in the area to check in garages and shed, under cars, to make sure there are no contaminated areas around."