Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Microwave Warning After Fire In Weymouth

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine

8:41am 20th April 2013
(Updated 10:09am 20th April 2013)

Dorset Fire and Rescue are reminding us to read labels before cooking items in a microwave.

It follows a fire at a flat in Weymouth's Commercial Road late last night which left a kitchen smoke damaged and a woman needing oxygen treatment.

A teddy had been wrapped in a towel and put in ther microwave.

We're also being reminded not to leave microwave's unattended when they're being used.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox

Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious
brewery square clock

brewery square clock

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book Your Table

For sales in January and March

Free Fuel Friday

Find out how to get your car sticker

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Book our Disco

Have DJ Owen at your party or celebration!

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference


We Use Cookies

This website uses cookies to store information on your computer.

By using this website you accept the use of cookies as explained in the terms of our cookie policy.