4 Suffer Burn Injuries in Gas Cylinder Explosion in Chickerell
11:25am 22nd May 2013
3 teenagers have been taken to hospital after a gas cylinder explosion at a holiday park in Chickerell.
Dorset Fire and Rescue was alerted to the incident at Bagwell Farm Touring Park at around 6:30pm yesterday evening (Tuesday 21st May).
The injured, a group of students and one adult, had to be treated for facial and body burns.
Park Manager Karen Kennedy told us the explosion involved a camping stove that was completely destroyed in the fire.
"It's the first incident that we've heard of with this sort of gas, we know millions of these items are used right across the country. We'll just have to wait for the outcome of the investigation to find out."
Dorset Fire and Rescue has said, "At the moment we do not know the cause of this incident, but it is a timely reminder to people to take care when using gas equipment."
Fire Investigators are now trying to figure out how the explosion happened.
None of the injured are thought to have sustained any life threatening injuries.