We play the Wessex Word every weekday, with your chance to win cash! Listen and win at 8:10am and the new time of 5:10pm!
Here's how the current Wessex Word sounds:
"So I try not to think too much about.."
Current Jackpot: £395
Wrong guesses so far:
Accidents, Achievements, Acting, Addicts, Age, Aging, Aliens, Ailments, Alcohol, Aliens, All, Animals, Anger, Anniversaries, Anybody, Anyone, Anything, Anxiety, Appearance, Arrangements, Assets. Audience, Awards, Bad, Bananas, Banking, Baths, Bears, Bills, Birthdays, Boldness, Breaking, Breathing, Being, Brexit, Buddhism, Bugs, Bullies, Cactus, Cake, Calories, Capital, Cars, Ceremony, Charts, Chicken, Children, Chocolate, Choleterol, Christmas, Climate, Clothing, Coffee, Comedy, Competition, Competitors, Complaints, Compliments, Conditions, Consequences, Cooking, Costs, Crashing, Credit, Criticism, Critics, Crying, Dad, Dancing, Danger, Dating, Deadlines, Deadly, Dealing, Death, Debts, Dieting, Diets, Disappointment, Divorce, Doing, Drinking, Drivel, Driving, Droll, Ducks, Dying, Eating, Economy, Embarrassment, Emotions, Enemies, Ethics, Everything, Exercise, Expenses, Exposure, Facebook, Failing, Failure, Falling, Falsehoods, Fame, Family, Fans, Fashion, Fatherhood, Fear, Feelings, Fibs, Fiction, Filming, Finance, Finish line, Fishing, Fitness, Flowers, Flying, Food, Football, Form, Fortunes, Friends, Friendship, Fuel, Funds, Fury, Future, Game, Games, Gangs, Gardening, Getting, Genre, Ghosts, Girls, God, Going, Gold, Gossip, Grass, Guidelines, Guilt, Haters, Headlines, Heat, Health, Heights, Her, Hesitation, Hijacking, Him, History, Holidays, Hollywood, Home, Homework, Horse racing, How, Humor, Hurting, Hygiene, Illness, Interest, Image, Imagining, Important, Income, Influence, Injuries, Insects, Irony, It, Itching, Joey, Judging, Karaoke, Kids, Labels, Landing, Laughing, Leave, Legends, Liability, Life, Listings, Local, Looks, Losing, Love, Lunch, Lyrics, Magic, Making, Management, Mankind, Marina, Marmite, Marriage, Matches, Maths, Me, Medals, Media, Memories, Mistakes, Mockery, Money, Mortgage, Motives, Movies, Mud, Mugs, Mum, Mundane, Music, My, Myself, Myths, Nagging, Nationality, Negatives, Negativity, Nerves, Nothing, Nudity, Obstacles, Opals, Opera, Operations,Opinions, Opponents, Others, Outcome, Ovations, Pain, Papers, Paparazzi, Parenting, Parking, Partners, Penalties, Pensions, People, Performing, Pirates, Pitfalls, Playing, Politics, Pollution, Pomp, Popularity, Possibilities, Potholes, Predecessors, Predictions, Preference, Pressure, Prestige, Previous, Profit, Problems, Promotion, Publicity, Pulling, Purchase, Race, Rain, Ratings, Ranking, Records, Regrets, Rehearsals, Rejection, Relationships, Religion, Remembering, Reporters, Resources, Respect, Restrictions, Results, Retirement, Retiring, Reviews, Revenge, Revenue, Ridicule, Risks, Rivalry, Rivals, Roaming, Romance, Rowing, Rumors, Running, Sarcasm, Sausages, Science, Scorn, Scripts, Seedlings, Serving, Sexuality, Shopping, Showbiz, Singing, Size, Sleep, Sleeping, Slimming, Smoking, Snakes, Social media, Spectators, Speeches, Speeding, Spice, Spiders, Sport, Standings, Stats, Stories, Strife, Structure, Stuff, Stunts, Stupidity, Success, Superstition, Sweets, Swimming, Tactics, Tales, Talking, Technology, Technique, Tennis, Terrorism, That, The, Them, The, Thirst, This, Top Gear, Trouble, Future, Things, Thinking, Time, Tomorrow, Touring, Tournament, Training, Travelling, Trends, Trolls, Trump, Trust, Turbulence, Twitter, Us, Vanity, Vengeance, Vermin, Vertigo, Victory, Walking, War, Wealth, Weather, Weddings, Weight, What, Where, Who, Why, Willow, Wimbledon, Winning, Winnings, Winter, Wives, Women, Words, Work, Working, Worrying, Yesterday, You.
Remember - it's a ONE WORD answer!
- Lines open as soon as we announce on air it's time to call, usually between 8:10 and 8:15am, and 5:10 and 5:15pm
- Entries can only be taken by phone at the specified times
- Clues are given at our descretion and may be announced at any time
The Wessex Word is proudly sponsored by...
Well done to our recent winners:
- Rose Warren in Weymouth picked up £190 for getting 'I don't like HOT'
- Wayne Ryall from Rodden correctly guessed 'There's a CHEF over there' to win £215
- Steve Brocklehurst listening in Crewkerne won £135 for guessing that Bob Geldof said 'LAME'
- Emily Morgan from Thomas Hardye School won £410 by guessing singer Jack Garrett said 'CHICAGO'
- Ryan Bates from Weymouth guessed that Meghan Trainor said "SASSY" to claim £130
- Gary Jones from Weymouth won £130 for guessing that Dr Hilary Jones said 'HIBERNATE'
- Jack Dunne from Upwey won £220 - he knew that Tony Mortimer from East 17 said 'FLUFFY'
- Chris Bradshaw won £305 for guessing that Gary Barlow used the word 'PALATTE'
- Jacki Brown from Bridport guessed Rod Stewart said 'LAYOUTS' and won £90
- Marian Napper from Broadmayne won £220 for guessing Simon Le Bon said 'DEADLINE'
- Helen Toft in Weymouth correctly guessed that Kate Aidie said 'CRAWLING' and won a huge £660 - our biggest ever jackpot!