Deputy Manager 37.5 hour per week
◦To assume responsibility in the absence of the Home Manager for administrative and managerial duties at the home. ◦To assume responsibility for monitoring supervision of all staff in absence of the Home Manager giving instruction and guidance where necessary. ◦To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care and support given to meet the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users.
- JOB DETAILS
Deputy Home Manager
32 St Andrews Road, Bridport
2. JOB PURPOSE
- To assume responsibility in the absence of the Home Manager for administrative and managerial duties at the home.
- To assume responsibility for monitoring supervision of all staff in absence of the Home Manager giving instruction and guidance where necessary.
- To liaise with the multi-disciplinary team in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care and support given to meet the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users.
- Assist the Home Manager to meet all statutory requirements.
A Registered Care Home - Nursing for 9 service users with learning disabilities.
Staffing: 1 Home Manager
1 Deputy Home Manager
4 Qualified Nurses
10 Support Workers
Board of Directors
Home Manager/Admin/HO Support Staff
Deputy Home Manager
Qualified Nurses/Senior Support Workers
Support Workers/ Leisure Companion/Personal Assistants
5. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
1) Qualified Nurse RNMH with an understanding of and commitment to a human needs based approach to service user support
2) Patience, tolerance, understanding and a sense of humour.
3) An ability to work independently with well developed interpersonal skills, self-reliance and initiative.
4) Required to train and supervise staff and to have good communication skills, both written and verbal.
5) Considerable organisational skills, together with a capacity to perform tasks associated with managing budgets and service users accounts; balancing and ensuring accurate financial returns.
6) Ability to influence, motivate and lead by example, with a willingness to undertake any tasks required in a particular situation.
7) Aptitude for working with people with learning disabilities, who may have additional complex needs
6. KEY RESULT AREAS
- To assist service users with all aspects of daily living.
- To develop, implement and evaluate individual support plans in line with agreed standards, in order for service users to achieve their full potential and quality of life.
- To ensure that service users are able to maintain and improve existing life skills and to access a wide range of opportunities in order to enhance a positive sense of purpose
- To supervise and train staff to maintain and improve standards of care and support where possible utilising a skills competency based approach.
- To monitor the emotional climate of the Home and to take appropriate action as required
- To take continuing responsibility for service users and staff in the Home Manager's absence, in order to ensure continuity of care and support for the service users to agreed standards.
- To enable service users to make informed choices where ever possible in all aspects of their lives promoting positive communication.
- To assist service users to maintain optimum health and well-being, including assisting with all aspects of personal care, mobility and behaviours that may challenge, as required.
- To participate in the planning and provision of a healthy, attractive, nutritious diet taking full account of the service users personal preferences
- To participate in effective approaches to risk assessment and risk management that are consistent with the well-being of service users
- To communicate effectively and sensitively with service users, relatives, colleagues
and all those who are legitimately concerned with the well being of the service user.
- To treat all colleagues with equal respect regardless of ethnic origin, religion, gender
or sexual orientation.
- To contribute positively to the growth and development of an effective and
cooperative working team
- To manage the housekeeping of the home within the allocated budget and also to maintain procedures for the efficient and effective handling of service user’s affairs.
- To advocate for the best interest of service users at all times.
- To be aware of and to comply with all Encompass policies and procedures and any other
- To keep abreast of professional developments in the field of learning disabilities care and support, attending courses, study days and undertake self-study in order to update knowledge and acquire new skills.
- To promote good relations with the community, visitors and all others who have contact with or interest in the home.
- To be responsible for representing the Home and Encompass in a positive and professional manner.
- To lead and participate in clinical supervision
- To be aware of your own actions and promote a positive emotional environment within the home
- To ensure that no act or omission on your part results in an abuse of service users, and to immediately report any situation which jeopardises the well being of any service user in line with Encompass policy (Adults at Risk)
- COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- To be responsible for representing the organisation/individual in a positive and professional manner.
- To actively promote joint working relationships with Purchasers, other providers/professionals, non-professional carers, relatives/advocates.
- To promote a pro-active approach to team working, maintaining regular and effective communication with all Encompass representatives.
8. THE MOST CHALLENGING PART OF YOUR JOB
1) Providing a high quality responsive service that reflects the needs of the individual and enhances the quality of their life.
2) Managing staff in a way that maximises motivation, morale and standards of care.
3) Service users may have additional complex needs including mental health overlay, physical/sensory disabilities or behaviours that challenge.
9. JOB DESCRIPTION AGREEMENT
Job Holder’s Signature:
Home Manager’s Signature: