Asbestos Fear After Barn Fire Near Swanage
2:28pm 1st October 2013
A fear of asbestos in the air near Swanage has sparked a warning to residents to close their doors and windows after a barn fire.
Plumes of smoke from the blaze close to Langton Matravers, is drifting from the village to neighbouring areas.
Dorset Police is asking people living nearby to protect their properties from the potentially lethal substance and stay indoors.
The barn was filled with 150 tonnes of straw when it caught fire this morning around 9:30am (Tuesday 1st October).
The cause of the fire isn't known.