Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

6 Year Old With Lighter Sparks Blaze In Maiden Newton


12:04am 17th November 2013

Dorset Fire and Rescue are reminding us to keep smoking materials away from the reach of small children.

It follows a blaze yesterday in Maiden Newton which they believe may have been started by a 6 year old  playing with a lighter.

Firefighters were called to a house in Hill View on Saturday morning to reports of a fire in an upstairs bedroom.

Crews arrived on scene to find a fire involving a bed and got to work with 2 breathing apparatus and 1 hosereel jet.

The upstairs of the property sustained minor smoke and fire damage.

Crews remained on scene for a short time, damping the area down and ensuring everything was safe.

Firefighters will be returning to the area within the next couple of days to give local residents Fire safety advice.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox

Share This Story

Delicious Submit this page to reddit

dorset business directory

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

Win M&S Vouchers

Thanks to the new Ignis from Lanehouse Suzuki

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book The Wessex FM Disco

For your wedding, party or celebration!

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference