ON AIR JAMES O'NEILL

: Waiting for next track...

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Two Poisoned By Carbon Monoxide Fumes

Dorset Fire And Rescue Badge

7:58am 27th December 2013
(Updated 8:12am 27th December 2013)

Two people from Wareham have been taken to hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after incorrectly using a portable generator for electricity.

It happened in the early hours of yesterday morning, when storm damage left them without power at their home.

The generator started filling up their house with dangerous fumes that can be potentially lethal.

Weymouth Station Manager Angus Nairn is urging people to take safety precautions and get carbon monoxide alarms fitted.

He said:  "If you are using emergency generators please keep them as far away from the building as possible.  And if you are at all unsure please get specialist advice."

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

dorset business directory

The Wessex Word

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

New Car Stickers

New Car Stickers

Grab your new localised stickers today!

The Bun Run

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book The Wessex FM Disco

Book The Wessex FM Disco

For your wedding, party or celebration!

Dorset Webcams

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Advertising

Advertising

Find out how to grow your business with us

Job at Wessex FM

Job at Wessex FM

We've got a brand new digital sales role