Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Smokers Warned Of The Dangers Of Lighting Up At Home

news_smoking.jpg

8:20am 1st May 2014

Residents in Dorset are being warned about the dangers of smoking inside their homes.

A third of all deaths due to house fires are caused by cigarettes and it's the single biggest cause of accidental fires.

Dorset's Fire Chief is highlighting the dangers in their Fire Kills campaign and wants people to remember the buzz words "Put it Out, Right Out."

He says smoking fires are usually the result of careless behaviour and people falling asleep after drinking alcohol with a lit cigarette in their hand.

Dorset Fire and Rescue say people should never smoke in bed or under the influence and we should check out fire alarms on a weekly basis and never leave lit cigarettes, pipes or cigars unattended.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

dorset business directory

The Wessex Word

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

New Car Stickers

New Car Stickers

Grab your new localised stickers today!

The Bun Run

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book The Wessex FM Disco

Book The Wessex FM Disco

For your wedding, party or celebration!

Dorset Webcams

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Advertising

Advertising

Find out how to grow your business with us

Job at Wessex FM

Job at Wessex FM

We've got a brand new digital sales role