ON AIR CARL ASHWIN

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Chimney Fire Warning From Fire Service

fire

11:09am 29th November 2014
(Updated 11:12am 29th November 2014)

Soot from a chimney fire's igniting logs is being blamed for a fire at a cottage at Longburton.

Dorset Fire and Rescue say the logs were too close to a wood burner, which resulted in damage to the property including some carpets.

2 crews from Sherborne  extinguished the fire using 4 breathing apparatus and 1 hose reel jet.

They say it was fortunate the owner of the cottage came home when she did and called the fire service immediately as this fire could have been a lot worse.   

Dorset fire and rescue would like to remind the public to have their chinmeys regulary swept and to keep combustible materials well clear from open fires and wood burners

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Delicious Submit this page to reddit

dorset business directory

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

Win M&S Vouchers

Thanks to the new Ignis from Lanehouse Suzuki

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book The Wessex FM Disco

For your wedding, party or celebration!

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Meeting Room Hire

Come to Wessex FM for your meeting or conference