ON AIR JAMES O'NEILL

Adele: HelloiTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Two Kitchen Fires, Minutes Apart In Weymouth

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine


10:20am 13th January 2015

An unattended cooking pan's been blamed for causing a fire at a block of flats in Weymouth yesterday morning. (12th January)

Firefighters used breathing apparatus in Stavordale Road - where they found a fire had broken out in the kitchen, causing smoke damage to the room.

Meanwhile just minutes earlier crews were called to an electrical fire at a commercial premises in Great George Street, also in a kitchen.

The premises was evacuated and the fire had already been put out by the time crews got there.



Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


dorset business directory

Book A Wessex FM Big Night Out Here

Book A Wessex FM Big Night Out Here

Wessex fm Disco, Quiz & Race Nights!

New Car Stickers

New Car Stickers

Grab your new localised stickers today!

Dorset Webcams

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Advertising

Advertising

Find out how to grow your business with us

island community action

Trending in Dorset

Man jailed for causing crash which claimed the life of Stratton mum

24 year old Mathew Vater from Broadmayne will spend 10 months in prison.

Body found in search for missing Weymouth man

The discovery was made at Radipole Lake Nature Reserve.

Dorchester Town and Weymouth learn Southern League Cup opponents

Both Weymouth and Dorchester have been drawn against local rivals.

Dorset man given Criminal Behaviour Order for committing rural crime

Lewis Longstaffe, of Sandy Lane, Upton, Poole, appeared at Weymouth Magistrates’ Court yesterday.

Campaigners in West Dorset say Brexit could scar NHS permanently

They said there are 2000 unfilled nursing vacancies as a result of foreign workers leaving after the referendum.

More news...