Get Out, Stay Safe Warning From Dorset Fire & Rescue

Get Out, Stay Safe Warning From Dorset Fire & Rescue

Published by The Wessex FM News Team at 11:17am 17th January 2015.

That's the advice from Dorset Fire and Rescue following a cooker fire at Hilton.

Don't deal with fires yourselves...get out and get safe!

That's the advice from Dorset Fire and Rescue following a cooker fire at Hilton.

Firefighters from Bere Regis and Sturminster Newton went to the scene where the property owner had taken a burning grill pan out of the building before putting out the blaze

The cause was discarded fat in the grill pan that ignited by due to the grill being switched on accidentally.

DFRS would like to remind the public that dealing with fires yourself puts you at risk from burns and smoke inhalation. ''Our advice is that you close the door to the room where the fire is located and make your way outside as soon as possible and wait for us to deal with it.''

For further information on domestic fire safety, please contact us for a free Home fire safety check at your property

 

The Wessex FM Newsletter



POLL

What kind of vouchers would you like more of?

Days OutVote!
26%
Events & ShowsVote!
21%
Health & WellbeingVote!
13%
Hotel StaysVote!
18%
Meals OutVote!
21%