Coronavirus: Weymouth Pavilion donates remaining food

Coronavirus: Weymouth Pavilion donates remaining food

Published by George Sharpe at 5:02pm 23rd March 2020. (Updated at 5:13pm 23rd March 2020)

Weymouth Pavilion have donated their remaining food to a local food bank.

The theatre closed last week following advice from the government to avoid pubs, restaurants and similar establishments.

Remaining food from the Pavilion's restaurant and carvery has now been donated to Weymouth Baptist Church Food Bank. 

Left over food at Weymouth Pavilion

A spokesperson for Weymouth Pavilion said:

“With the increase of panic buying and food-hoarding our worry is that donations to food banks will diminish during this challenging time. We would like to offer our support to the community by donating the food that we no longer require.”

Shows at Wemyouth Pavilion have been postponed until May. 

A statement from Weymouth Pavilion said:

"Following the Government announcement on Monday 16th March, Weymouth Pavilion is left with no option but to postpone all shows and events initially between now and the end of April.

"We will review shows from 1st May onwards when the situation becomes more clear."

Related articles: