Wessex FM News

Underpants Fire in Weymouth

fire engine front view

Published at 1:13pm 6th August 2012.

A persons been saved after a fire broke out in their flat in Weymouth.

The occupant was led to safety by neighbours.

Dorset Fire and Rescue were alerted to the blaze on Market Street late last night (Sunday 5th August 2012)

The cause of the blaze, burning underpants and socks.The occupant was trying to dry them in the microwave.

Luckily no one was injured and the flat only suffered light smoke damage.

The pants and socks on the other hand were burnt to a crisp.

Fire Chiefs say NO ONE should ever attempt to dry clothes in the microwave!

Email Icon

Sign up for exclusive news, competitions and offers.
Proper Local News updates from Wessex FM

dorset business directory

West Dorset MPU
Book A Wessex FM Big Night Out Here

Book A Wessex FM Big Night Out Here

Wessex fm Disco, Quiz & Race Nights!

New Car Stickers

New Car Stickers

Grab your new localised stickers today!

Dorset Webcams

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Advertising

Advertising

Find out how to grow your business with us

island community action

Trending in Dorset

Knife crime in Dorset has increased by 40% in four years

Dorset Police investigated 210 offences involving a knife or a sharp weapon between April 2017 and March 2018.

Campaigners to join hands around Portland Community Hospital

It's to show support for how much they say the island needs the facility.

Weymouth's new seafront lights delayed

The council are still looking for the best deal on supplying and installing the lights.

New partnership to safeguard children in Dorset

It's after a report found the existing board wasn't working as well as it should be.

Help needed to save Little Tern chicks on Chesil Beach

An annual project to protect them has failed to secure enough grant funding.

More news...