The Doobie Brothers: Long Train Runnin'iTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Gas Canister Warning After Campsite Fire

Camp Stove

12:46pm 5th September 2012

Two people have been taken to hospital and their tent was destroyed by fire after an explosion on a Dorset camp site.

Crews from Swanage were called to the scene in Langton Matravers last night.

It's believed the fire was started by a leaking gas canister used for cooking - it's the second time they've been called out to this type of a fire in a week.

Dorset Fire and Rescue have now issued some safety guidelines.

-  always check your gas connections with a leak detecting solution before
   you start cooking.

-  pay attention to the proximity of flammable materials to your barbecue
   do not cook too closely to combustibles.

-  always make sure your cooking appliance if completely turned off and
   cooled down before packing it away.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Submit this page to redditDelicious

dorset business directory

The Wessex Word

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

New Car Stickers

New Car Stickers

Grab your new localised stickers today!

The Bun Run

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book The Wessex FM Disco

Book The Wessex FM Disco

For your wedding, party or celebration!

Dorset Webcams

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Advertising

Advertising

Find out how to grow your business with us

Job at Wessex FM

Job at Wessex FM

We've got a brand new digital sales role