Shirley & Company: Shame, Shame, ShameiTunes

Wessex FM News

Contact the News Team:
Tel: 01305 250333

Faulty Electric Blanket Sparks Fire

Dorset Fire And Rescue Engine

9:21am 2nd February 2013

A faulty electric blanket's being blamed for a blaze at a property in Corfe Castle.

Dorset Fire and Rescue crews from Swanage and Wareham were called to a  property in West Street at around 2330 hours on Friday 1st February.

11 firefighters attended, with two sets of breathing apparatus used at the scene. On arrival the fire was out but the property was heavily smoke logged.

There were no injuriers but Dorset Fire and Rescue are stressing electric blankets should be stored 'rolled', not folded, and need to be safety checked each year.

Sign up for the latest local news direct to your inbox


Share This Story

Delicious Submit this page to reddit

dorset business directory

The Wessex Word

The Wessex Word

See the latest wrong guesses and win cash!

New Car Stickers

New Car Stickers

Grab your new localised stickers today!

The Bun Run

The Bun Run

Request the cakes for your workplace!

Book The Wessex FM Disco

Book The Wessex FM Disco

For your wedding, party or celebration!

Dorset Webcams

Dorset Webcams

Take a look around our beautiful county

Advertising

Advertising

Find out how to grow your business with us

Job at Wessex FM

Job at Wessex FM

We've got a brand new digital sales role