Safety Warning After Dishwasher Sparks House Fire
8:56am 4th April 2013
Dorset Fire and Rescue are urging us to check to see our dishwashers are safe.
The warning comes after a kitchen fire was caused by a faulty appliance.
The family had put their Bosch dishwasher on and gone to bed.
Hours later they were woken up by their smoke alarm when the faulty appliance started a fire in their kitchen.
Luckily they were able to get out safely.
The dishwasher was part of a product recall by Bosch.
This was for dishwashers made between 1999 - 2005 with model numbers from FD7901 to FD8504.
For more information or if you are concerned please contact the manufacturer
CLICK HERE to watch a safety video from Dorset Fire and Rescue.